Rich Tyler, Ph.D., CCC-A
Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders
Professor, Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Rich Tyler's research explores strategies to measure and help tinnitus and hyperacusis patients, necessitating understanding different subtypes. He and his lab colleagues focus on improving counseling and sound therapy, including online/APP and approaches.
- HONR 1310 Honors Research First Year Seminar: Smartphones in Health Care
- CSD 7238 Capstone Requirement
Selected publications / active grants
- Tyler RS, Perreau A, Powers T, Watts A, Owen R, Ji H, Mancini PC. (2020) Tinnitus Sound Therapy Trial Shows Effectiveness for Those with Tinnitus. J Am Acad Audiol 31:6–16 DOI: 10.3766/jaaa.18027
- Tyler R, Perreau A, Mohr AM, Ji H, Mancini PC (2019). An Exploratory Step Toward Measuring the 'Meaning of Life' in Patients with Tinnitus and in Cochlear Implant Users. J Am Acad Audiol. 2019 Sep 27. doi: 10.3766/jaaa.19022.
- Perreua, A., Tyler, R.S., Frank, V., Walls, A., Mancini, P. Use of a Smartphone App for Cochlear Implant Patients with Tinnitus. American Journal of Audiology, 30:676-687. AJA-20-00195. https://doi.org/10.1044/2021_AJA-20-00195 PMID:34314254.
- Vagal Nerve Stimulation to Treat Tinnitus
- Etanercept Medication for Tinnitus
- Audiology and Hearing Science