Anu Subramanian, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Anu Subramanian provides clinical education in the area of speech and language disorders in preschool children and fluency disorders across the lifespan, in addition to teaching classroom courses in counseling, supervision, and foundations of clinical practice. She serves on many departmental committees, on the coordinating committee for ASHA Special Interest Group 11 (supervision and administration), ASHA’s continuing education board, and the clinical education resources committee through Council on Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
- CSD 5136 – Foundations of Clinical Practice 2
- CSD 5350 – Seminars in supervision
- CSD 5203 – Counseling in communication sciences and disorders
- CSD 5136 – Foundations of Clinical Practice 3
Selected publications / presentations
- Subramanian, A. (2020). Importance of cultural competence in supervisory relationships. Perspectives of the ASHA Special Interest Groups, 5, 489–491
- Gerlach, H,, Totty, E., Subramanian, A., & Zebrowski, P. (2018) Stuttering and labor market outcomes in the United States Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research, doi:10.1044/2018_JSLHR-S-17-0353
- Gerlach, H., & Subramanian, A. (2016). Qualitative Analysis of Bibliotherapy as a Tool for Adults who Stutter and Graduate Clinicians. Journal of Fluency Disorders, 47, 1-12.
- Subramanian, A. (2015). Preliminary findings on the use of session questionnaires to improve clinician-client alliance with special consideration to clinical education. Perspectives in Administration and Supervision. 25(1), doi:10.1044/aas25.1.50
- Subramanian, A. & Edrich, M. (2020). Supervisors! Reframe your thinking about cultural diversity; Invited presentation at ASHA 2020 Convention. (Conference canceled due to Covid 19). Presented as a webinar through ASHA
- DeThorne, L., Hengst, J., & Subramanian, A. (2020). Building inclusive environments within clinical education: A focus on functional activity. Invited presentation at Council for Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (CAPSCSD) annual convention, New Orleans, LA in April 2020. (Conference canceled due to Covid 19)
- Subramanian, A. (2019). Clinician-Client alliance: teaching skills to graduate students. Seminar presented at ASHA 2019 convention, Orlando in November 2019.
- Gerlach, H., & Subramanian, A. (2015). Narrative training: A strategy to teach essential counseling skills in clinical education. Oral clinical seminar presented at ASHA 2015 convention, Denver, CO.
- Speech-Language Pathology