Stephanie Fleckenstein, Au.D., CCC-A
Clinical instruction of graduate students in Audiology in the areas of diagnostic audiology, aural (re)habilitation, including comprehensive hearing aid services across the lifespan, as well as hearing loss prevention and identification, and business practice. She has a strong interest in advocacy and diversity, equity, and inclusion for students, patients, and the profession. Stephanie is a certified Dangerous Decibels educator. She is a member and has served on several committees and executive boards of American Speech and Hearing Association, American Academy of Audiology, and Iowa Speech and Hearing Association.
- CSD:5315 Clinical Rotations in Audiology
- CSD:6316 Advanced Externship in Audiology
- CSD:6311 Professional Issues in Audiology
- CSD:5314 Audiology Student Teaching
- CSD:6317 Audiology Practice: Business Start-Up
Selected publications / presentations
- Kingsbury, S., Khvalabov, N., Stirn, J., Held, C., Fleckenstein, S., Hendrickson, K., Walker, E. (2022). Barriers to Equity in Pediatric Hearing Health Care: A Review of the Evidence. ASHA Sig 9 Perspectives on Pediatric Hearing and Hearing Disorders. https://pubs.asha.org/doi/10.1044/2021_PERSP-21-00188
- Iowa Speech Language Hearing Association Continuing the Convention Webinar, Culturally Responsive Practice in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology. Presenters/Authors: Fleckenstein Stephanie, Student Presenters/Authors: Kingsbury Hailey, Hilker Charlotte, Upadhyay Saloni
- Student Academy of Audiology Virtual Presentation – Advocacy in Audiology Presenter/Author: Fleckenstein, Stephanie
- The University of Iowa Clinical Instruction in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Webinar Series: Facilitating Critical Thinking. Fleckenstein, Stephanie
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Conference, A Team Approach to Meeting Aural Habilitation Competencies for Graduate Students in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Presenters/Authors: Wallace, Anne, Fleckenstein, Stephanie, Kelsay, Danielle
- American Industrial Hygiene Conference, Evaluation of Hearing Protection Device, Effectiveness for Musicians Presenters/Authors: Fleckenstein, Stephanie, Anthony, Renee Student Presenters/Authors: Crawford, Kathryn, Willenbring, Krista
- Iowa Speech Language Hearing Association Conference, A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words: Using cell phones to enhance hearing aid care Presenters/Authors: Jeon, Julie Eun Kyeong, Fleckenstein, Stephanie, Busho, Kellsie, Kelsay, Danielle
- Annual School Nurse Conference, Hearing Health Care for Children: Intervening Early to Prevent Excessive-Sound-Induced Hearing Loss, The University of Iowa College of Nursing. Fleckenstein, Stephanie, Kelsay, Danielle
- State of Iowa Safety Officers Conference, Healthy Hearing for You and Your Employees Presenter/Author: Fleckenstein, Stephanie Student Presenter/Author: Kock, Kevin
- The National Hearing Conservation Association Annual Conference, Hawkeyes Wear Their HawkEars - A Healthy Hearing Initiative at The University of Iowa, Orlando, Florida. Kock, Kevin, Fleckenstein, Stephanie, Kelsay, Danielle.
- National Hearing Conservation Association Conference, Teaching Hearing Loss Prevention to Students and the Community: The University of Iowa's Innovative Approach, Las Vegas, Nevada. Kelsay, D.M.R, Fleckenstein, S.
- Audiology and Hearing Science