Danielle Kelsay, M.A., CCC-A
Clinical instruction of graduate students in Audiology related to hearing loss prevention, diagnostics, and aural rehabilitation. She also became interested in hearing loss prevention while working on a capstone project with an Au.D. student in 2008 addressing hearing conservation for musicians. She established and led UISAFE (University of Iowa Sound Awareness for Everyone), a group of faculty and students whose mission is to promote healthy hearing, for 10 years. Danielle is a certified Dangerous Decibels educator, presenting on hearing loss prevention at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, the National Hearing Conservation Association, and the Iowa Speech-Language-Hearing Association conventions.
- CSD:5315 Clinical Rotations in Audiology
- CSD:6316 Advanced Externship in Audiology
- CSD:6311 Professional Issues in Audiology
- CSD:5314 Audiology Student Teaching
- CSD:6319 Interprofessional Practice and Community Engagement in CSD
Selected publications / presentations
- Busho, Kellsie & Kelsay, D. ONLINE FEATURE | Healthy Hearing Outreach During COVID-19 https://www.audiology.org/audiology-today-mayjune-2021/online-feature-healthy-hearing-outreach-during-covid-19.
- Contributing Author. Iowa Head and Neck Protocols - Music and Hearing Loss. https://medicine.uiowa.edu/iowaprotocols/ (September 2020 – present)
- Voss, R., Gibbs, J., & Kelsay, D. (2018). Say What? Grain and Livestock Producers Guide for Healthy Hearing Practices.
- Steurer, K., & Kelsay, D. (2015). Healthy Hearing for Musicians.
- Barber, B., & Kelsay, D. (2014). Keeping Your Hearing in Shape.
- Midwest Clinic Directors Conference, Essential Functions: What We’ve Learned. Kelsay, Danielle MR, Subramanian, Anu.
- National Hearing Conservation Association Annual Conference, Please Don’t Stop the Music…I Mean Outreach: Healthy Hearing Outreach in the COVID Era at the University of Iowa. Busho, Kellsie, Kelsay, Danielle MR.
- Iowa Band Master's Association Annual Conference, Promoting Healthy Hearing in School-Aged Music Director and Students, Des Moines, Iowa. Adamec, Alyssa, Kelsay, Danielle.
- 2018 Annual School Nurse Conference, Hearing Health Care for Children: Intervening Early to Prevent Excessive-Sound-Induced Hearing Loss, The University of Iowa College of Nursing. Fleckenstein, Stephanie, Kelsay, Danielle.
- The National Hearing Conservation Association Annual Conference, Hawkeyes Wear Their HawkEars - A Healthy Hearing Initiative at The University of Iowa, Orlando, Florida. Kock, Kevin, Fleckenstein, Stephanie, Kelsay, Danielle.
- National Hearing Conservation Association Conference, Teaching Hearing Loss Prevention to Students and the Community: The University of Iowa's Innovative Approach, Las Vegas, Nevada. Kelsay, D.M.R, Fleckenstein, S.
- Audiology and Hearing Science