As a salute to International Stuttering Awareness Day on October 22, watch (and share!) the YouTube video featuring Anu Subramanian, Clinical Associate Professor, and Tricia Zebrowski, Professor Emeritus:
Want to learn more about stuttering, and how to help people who stutter?
The University of Iowa invented the field of Speech-Language Pathology. Much of what is known about stuttering—and therapies for helping people who stutter—originated here, under the guidance of Dr. Wendell Johnson (1906-1965).
Today, the UI's Wendell Johnson Speech and Hearing Clinic offers many services for people who stutter and their families. Help is available!
Resources about stuttering
Websites and virtual support groups
- Wendell Johnson Speech and Hearing Clinic
- Stuttering Foundation
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- National Stuttering Association
- American Institute for Stuttering
- Shared Voices Chicago
- SAY: Stuttering Association for the Young
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders
- How to Fit a Square Peg Through a Round Hole
- The Thing Is, I Stutter
- The Power of a Stutter
- Stuttering and the Art of Mountain Biking
- Turning fear inside out
- Please let me finish my sentence